Stainless Steel This is an odd metal that is cheap but durable and functional, stainless steel can be used to make any type of jewelry, from bracelets and rings to earrings, watches, and necklaces, and you can find it in almost most jewelry stores.
You will Learn in this Post
Composition of stainless steel jewelry
Stainless steel refers to steel with a chromium content of not less than 10.5% and a carbon content of not more than 1.2%, rust-free and corrosion-resistant. Generally, stainless steel is resistant to weak corrosive media such as steam and water, and air, while acid-resistant steel is resistant to chemical corrosive media such as alkali, salt, and acid. The degree of corrosion resistance of the two depends on their chemical composition of two. Chromium is the basic element for corrosion resistance. The higher the chromium content, the higher the corrosion resistance. This is because when the chromium content of steel reaches about 12%, under chemical action, an oxide film will form on the surface of the steel to prevent it from further corrosion.
Types of stainless steel jewelry
According to its chemical composition, stainless steel can be divided into 200 series, 300 series, 400 series, 500 series, and 600 series. The larger the quantity, the higher the quality and the higher the cost. The most commonly used stainless steel jewelry is the 300 series of 304 and 316 specifications. The standard composition of 304 is more than 18% chromium and more than 8% nickel; the standard composition of 316 is more than 16% chromium and more than 10% nickel and contains some molybdenum elements. Both 316 and 316L (L is low-carbon) are molybdenum-containing stainless steel, and the highest grade of stainless steel jewelry currently is 316L, which can reach medical grade without causing any adverse side effects to the human body, so it is very safe.
Features of stainless steel jewelry
1. High hardness and strong corrosion resistance. Unlike silver jewelry or alloy jewelry (copper alloy, pewter alloy, zinc alloy, etc.), it will rust, corrode and blacken the surface if worn for a long time. No matter how long the stainless steel jewelry is used, it can still be kept intact, the surface will not lose its luster, and the service life is long.
2. Reasonable price and high-cost performance. Rather than buying expensive gold and silver jewelry, affordable stainless steel is a better choice. Because most of us are mainly to match the clothes we wear that day. We wear different clothes and styles every day, and stainless steel accessories can satisfy our desire to obtain a new self at a lower cost.
3. Safe and environmentally friendly, harmless to the human body. Stainless steel jewelry will not be as sensitive as copper jewelry, nor will it be as toxic as alloy jewelry because of lead, which is harmful to human health. Stainless steel will not have any side effects on the human body and damage green jewelry.
4. The chemical properties of stainless steel are stable, and alloying elements such as chromium, molybdenum, and nickel can be added to enhance its corrosion resistance and toughness.
Five common processes of stainless steel jewelry
1. Polishing. The so-called polishing, as the name implies, is the use of polishing machines, polishing wheels, and polishing wax tools to polish the surface. Generally, there are three processes rough polishing, medium polishing, and fine polishing.
2. Bouquet (carved flowers). Rotary knives are used to engrave various patterns on stainless steel pieces.
3. Laser processing. Use the laser of the laser machine to print text, characters, or patterns of different sizes on the surface of the jewelry. High-efficiency, low-cost, pollution-free laser processing is a clean and pollution-free high environmental protection processing technology.
4. Etching. That is, the part of the decoration that needs to be etched is exposed to the chemical solution to dissolve the corrosion, forming a concave-convex or hollow molding effect. It can be divided into two categories: “wet etching” and “dry etching”.
5. Electroplating. The natural color of stainless steel is steel. Through the electroplating process, stainless steel jewelry can be electroplated with different colors. It can not only give visual beauty but also protect it to a certain extent.
There are many kinds of stainless steel jewelry, how do match them?
When matching accessories with a wide variety of stainless steel jewelry, we need to consider our appearance, the style of the clothes we wear that day, and even the current situation. Knowing a certain amount of dressing skills can play the role of embellishment and finishing, and the icing on the cake.
Stainless steel necklace
1, If you are wearing a V-neck top or skirt, please wear a short necklace. You can use your skin tone to set off the texture of the necklace, thereby adding a sense of personal fashion and temperament
2, If the necklace itself is relatively thick and neutral, it can be worn on other thin chains. Use it with a dark platform or jacket for a more refined look
3, If it is summer, wear less fabric and look thinner, and you can wear a thin necklace. This will show the female clavicle line more and set off the complexion.
Stainless steel earrings
1, Round face with slender earrings, square face with round earrings, long face with short earrings. The use of earrings can enhance the strengths, avoid the shortcomings of personal face shape, and improve the effectiveness of the modification.
2, Simple, casual clothing with larger and more exaggerated earrings, but on the contrary.
3, If you wear a sweater, be sure to wear pearl earrings. Can instantly enhance a person’s tenderness. If you are wearing leather, jeans, jackets, etc., strong metal earrings are the best choice.
Stainless steel ring
1, The ring can also be folded. We can fold three slender rings on the same finger. It will be more colorful and unique than wearing a single ring.
2, Multiple rings can also be worn between different fingers. But you need to pay attention to the balance of the two hands. Don’t wear one hand full and leave the other hand empty. It is recommended to wear two rings in one hand and one ring in the other hand.
3, When wearing multiple rings, pay attention to only one ring protruding. For example, if you wear a thick ring, others need to be thinner.
4, If your fingers are short, wear a thin ring; if you have round fingers, wear a thick ring. And design a unique ring, and you can enhance your sense of fashion.
Stainless steel jewelry or gold and silver jewelry?
When you want to buy accessories, you need to consider your financial situation and purchase purpose. In my opinion, if personal finance allows, you can buy 1-2 classic styles of gold and silver, which can be used to attend some formal occasions, but more often, you can buy cheap and affordable ones. Stainless steel jewelry, after all, we mainly use it to match dresses to enhance visual beauty.
Stainless steel jewelry has the advantages of high hardness, strong corrosion resistance, reasonable price, high-cost performance, safety, and environmental protection, and is harmless to the human body. The addition of chromium, nickel, molybdenum and other elements can greatly improve its corrosion resistance, hardness, etc., and the greater the proportion of addition, the more resistant to corrosion and harsh environments. If you are a jewelry collector, I sincerely recommend it.
If you need custom stainless steel jewelry, please tell us your requirements through the contact form below, and we will reply to you within 12 hours.